New & Improved Student Loan Program - Coming Soon
We’re excited to announce we’re partnering with Credit Union Student Choice to offer student loans and refinancing options for our members. Partnering with Student Choice will give our members access
to student loans with zero origination fees, lower rates and flexible repayment
Check back soon for more details.
Current CCCU Student Loans
You can access and manage your current student loan using the following link: Manage your student loan.
Funding Your Education
Education can be costly, but there are many ways to help make it more affordable. The first step is to learn about your funding options.
This consists of money you, your parent(s), and other relatives contribute to your education.
Scholarships & Grants
This is considered "gift aid" and does not require payment. Check back often for new scholarships available to CCCU Members.
- MN Family Involvement Council Scholarship
Deadline: February 1st, 2017
Requirements: Member of a Credit Union, enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited, not-for-profit financial institution & enroll in at least one course during scholarship application time frame
Scholarship Amounts: (4) $1,000 & (12) $500
Federal Work-Study Program
The Federal Work-Study Program provides funds for part-time employment to help needy students finance the costs of postsecondary education. Ask your education institution for complete details.
The original loan amount, plus interest, must be repaid. School loans are based on one academic year, and students must reapply for these loans every year.
Do I need a student loan?
It depends. There are many factors that influence the final cost of tuition. Talk with your financial aid department at your education institution to review your options. Here are a few things to know before you begin the process:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): More than $150 billion each year is provided to students in the form of grants, loans, and work-study funds for college or career school. Click the link above for more details.
- Student Aid Report (SAR): This report is created and delivered to you and your school once your FAFSA has been processed.
- Award Letter: An award letter notifies you of your financial aid award for the upcoming academic year. This award letter may include a preferred lender list, but you have the right to choose a different lending institution, including City & County Credit Union.
- CCCU Lending Code: 831908
- Need for Additional Funds: If you still need additional funds after scholarships, grants, and awards, come in to City & County to find solutions to pay for your education.