At City & County Credit Union, we believe it’s never too early to start saving and learning about important money topics. That’s why we’ve created Money on the Bookshelf – a free financial literacy program for our Kids Club members. Designed to encourage kids to read & learn, Money on the Bookshelf teaches kids about the importance of earning money, saving and responsibility.
To join the program, visit our Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Maplewood, Minnetonka or Woodbury Branches!
TIP – this program is aimed at kids aged 4-14.
How it Works
- Pick a book off our Money on the Bookshelf shelf.
- Check your book out at the teller counter. Plus - receive your tracking bookmark!
- Read your book and share what you are learning with your family and friends.
- Repeat. Bring your book back and check out another one!
- Earn a $5 Coupon. It's that simple. Read 5 books and turn in your tracking bookmark for your $5 coupon.
* Special thanks to the Minnesota Credit Union Network Foundation for providing funding for Money on the Bookshelf through their financial literacy grant program.
Learn more about our Kids Club account on our Youth Savings Accounts page.